13.10.2014

Chocolate Tree Madagascar 100%

Aren't The Chocolate Tree wrappers just about the most beautiful thing you ever saw? If I was a young girl, I would most likely want this as my wallpaper at home. But even as a middle aged man (but very young at heart) I think they look nice. The colours just make me happy. The bars (there are two of them in the package) also look very beautiful. There are some engravings of flowers and the "pieces" are different thickness. Very nice all the way!

The aroma is very powerful. I smell beer! And I haven't even put the chocolate close to my nose yet. Very intresting... When sniffing more closely I notice there is a little fruityness there, but not as much as I would have expected of a Madagascan chocolate. Maybe it's the dark forces in the chocolate playing tricks on me... What really surprizes me is that the chocolate doesn't smell at all bitter or stuffy. I expected the stuffy part but this smells like very good chocolate.

The chocolate melts nicely into a very, very, very, VERY (thanks capt. Lassard) thick cocoa liquid, which slowly makes its way to all the small holes and notches in my mouth. It sticks to my teeth like glue on paper, but eventually melts away. The chocolate is very smooth, abolutely no flouryness here. It does however make my mouth cry out for moisture in the form of milk, maybe?

Now, I've tasted a few 100% chocolates before. All those others I have tasted during a time that I didn't really like any dark chocolates. The reason I now just had to have this chocolate, is that this is a blend of Madagascan Criollo and Trinitario. If you have read my reviews before, you might have noticed that I'm partial to the Madagascan fruity tastes and I'm hoping they have also found their way into this darkest of the dark chocolates.

So now to the best part, the tasting. At first the chocolate actually does have a fruity and acidic taste, just like I hoped for. But that's not all folks! We are, after all, talking about a 100% chocolate and I sure get that from the taste as well. The second piece of chocolate I put in my mouth is almost too much. No more fruityness, no more happiness, no more Mr. Nice Guy! My face is twisting into all kinds of expressions, none of them very positive. This is just too dark for me. But! And this is a very big but. This is the best 100% chocolate I have tasted, easily. Too bad that doesn't really say much, because I really hated the others. A'm sairy!

Well, what can I say about the aftertaste. It is better than the actual taste of the second piece I had. It is also way too bitter and dry to really be enjoyable. I'm sure you get my meaning. No need to kick a chocolate when it's down.

Oh yes, I do know that Scotland is still a part of the UK.

Ingredients: Cocoa mass

Eivätkö olekin nämä Chocolate Treen kääreet kutakuinkin kauneimpia koskaan? Jos olisin nuori tyttö, haluaisin tämän todennäköisesti tapetiksi. Mutta jopa keski-ikäisenä miehenä (mieleltään toki nuori) ne näyttävät hienoilta. Väritkin ilahduttavat. Levyt (pakkauksessa on kaksi) näyttävät myös kivoilta. Palasissa on kukkaisia kaiverruksia ja niiden paksuuskin vaihtelee. Hienonhienoa, loppuun asti!

Tuoksu on erittäin vahva. Haistan oluen! Enkä ole vielä edes vienyt suklaata nenäni lähelle. Mielenkiintoista... Tarkemmin nuuhkiessa huomaan hieman hedelmäisyyttä, mutta en niin paljon kuin olisin odottanut madagaskarilaiselta kaakaolta. Ehkäpä suklaan tummat voimat huijjaavat minua... Ehkä eniten minua yllättää se, että suklaa ei tuoksu lainkaan kitkerältä tai tunkkaiselta. Odotin tunkkaisuutta, mutta tämä tuoksuu varsin hyvältä suklaalta.

Suklaa sulaa helposti ERITTÄIN paksuksi suklaamassaksi, joka hiljalleen löytää tiensä kaikkiin suuni onkaloihin ja kuoppiin. Se tarttuu hampaisiini kuin liima paperiin, mutta sulaa toki lopuksi pois. Suklaa on erittäin sileää, tässä ei ole lainkaan jauhoisuutta. Se kuitenkin kuivaa suutani siinä määrin, että ikenet huutavat kosteutta, kenties maidon muodossa?

Niin, olen maistanut muutamaa 100% suklaata aiemminkin. Kaikki muut ennen tätä olen maistanut aikana, jolloin en yleensäkään pitänyt tummasta suklaasta. Syy siihen, miksi minun juuri nyt piti saada tätä suklaata on siinä, että tämä on sekoitus madagaskarilaista Criollo- ja Trinitario-kaakaopapua. Jos olet lukenut arvioitani aiemmin, olet ehkä huomannut, että pidän madagaskarilaisen kaakaon hedelmäisistä vivahteista ja toivoinkin, että ne hedelmäisyydet olisivat myös löytäneet tiensä tähän tummista tummimpaan.

Ja sitten parhaimpaan vaiheeseen, maisteluun. Aluksi suklaasta löytyy hedelmäistä ja hapokasta makua, ihan kuten olin toivonut. Mutta ei siinä vielä kaikki! Maistettavana on nyt kuitenkin 100% suklaa ja sen kyllä huomaa maustakin. Toinen palanen suklaata on jo melkein liikaa. Ei enää hedelmäisyyttä, ei iloisuutta, eikä muitakaan hymynaamoja! Naamani vääntyy mitä moninaisimpiin ilmeisiin, eikä mikään niistä ole positiivinen. Tämä on liian tummaa minulle. Mutta! Ja tämä on ISO mutta. Tämä on parasta 100% suklaata jota olen maistanut, selvästi. Valitettavasti se ei kuitenkaan merkkaa paljoa, koska inhosin niitä aiempiä. Sori!

No mitäpä tästä jälkimausta voisi sanoa... Se on parempi kuin toisen suklaapalan varsinainen maku. Se on myös aivan liian kitkerä ja kuiva ollakseen nautittava. Ymmärrät varmasti mitä tarkoitan. Ei ole tarvetta lyödä lyötyä.

Niin, tiedän kyllä, että Skotlanti on edelleen osa Iso-Britanniaa.

Ainesosa: Kaakaomassa

Ei kommentteja: