28.8.2014

Rózsavölgyi Csokoládé mara 70%

The wrappers on these Hungarian Roz (short for Rózsavölgyi Csokoládé) bars are just beautiful. This particular wrapper is turquoise with a bird & plant pattern. But if you thought the wrapper looks good, just wait until you see the bar itself. It's one big beautiful piece of art and might not be the most practical bar to break into pieces, but I would rather watch this than many paintings considered to be "real art".

The aroma is chocolate at its best. It has a rich cocoa aroma and there is a slight whiff of something, but I can't really put my finger (or nose) on it. There is simply nothing negative to be said about the aroma. When the chocolate melts it turns into a very smooth and quite thick liquid, which spreads all around my mouth. Feels very luxurious.

After the rich but mellow aroma the chocolate actually tastes quite bitter. I would not have expected that. It tastes like a mixture of coffee grounds and wet dirt (in the best possible way), which is not one of my favourite flavour combinations. But here's the strange thing about this chocolate: While it has its bitter side, it also has a totally separate smooth and light side. It's like the chocolate has two totally different worlds of flavour in one bar. This is very confusing for a simple chocolate blogger like me and makes the taste difficult to evaluate.

Lucky for me, the bitter coffee grounds taste is not present in the aftertaste. The flavours left are pretty much the aromas I found in the chocolate before tasting it.

Ingredients: Cocoa beans, organic cane sugar & cocoa butter

Käännös tulossa...

Ei kommentteja: